Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you (Ephesians 4:32).
Spiritual healing is a process. We have to choose to heal and trust God, knowing that if we do what God, the Great Physician, asks – forgiving those who have wounded and damaged us – there will be a change, a good result, strength and wholeness. That means we can:
- Forgive every time we feel anger, mistrust or bitterness. Instead of dwelling on the emotions that are eating us alive, we can dwell on all that is good (Philippians 4:8).
- Stay in the present moment and think about the future. Instead of rehearsing old injustices and letting our lives revolve around the past, we can find a greater reward by looking ahead (Philippians 3:12).
- Let go of the idea of our perceived power and focus.Instead, we can focus on God’s work in every person and on the power of the cross (2 Corinthians 12:10).
- Stop trying to punish those who hurt us with anger and hate.Instead, we can let God deal with them (Matthew 18:21-35).
- Stop trusting in ourselves.Instead, we can trust in God and follow His lead. When we do, He promises to direct our paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).